Here’s a short list of things 10 things I knew absolutely nothing about at the start of 2008, before I started writing this blog:
- What an RSS feed is / how it works
- The differences between Bloglines and Google Reader
- Which is better: WordPress or Blogspot
- The difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- Technorati rankings
- What a trackback is, and whether they are good or bad
- Akismet spam
- Maimonindes’ 8 levels of tzedakah
- What’s in Vogue in India
- How to write a blog post, and why you’d bother
Nothing special about me.
It’s just that, once you’re done with school, you learn stuff as the RESULT of doing new things, not the other way around.
Which means “not knowing how” really isn’t an excuse for not doing something new.
How else you gonna learn?
3 thoughts on “10 things I knew nothing about a year ago”
Sasha – bang on. That’s the very same advice I give to my friends/colleagues who want to learn about social media. You have to actually do it. There is no other way.
So, which is better, WordPress or Blogspot? And could you say why?
Walter, well, I’m on WordPress, so that was my decision. I can’t give a point-by-point reason why, since I simply asked 3 or 4 people who I knew knew about the topic, and they all said “WordPress.” And so far I’ve been very happy with it.